Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Fat Lady Sang...And I'm Shocked As Hell!

Hola, darlings!

Whew, cut the grass front AND back today, spray painted an old pink (ugh) and white lamp to use on my desk in the family room, and have laundry left to do...  Packers - what the hell?  Had the game in their back pockets at half-time and gave it away, duh. I did not watch the game on t.v. today, I listened to it on the radio as I was doing other things outside on the deck.  Glad I didn't watch!

I have been blogging at my decorating blog, yeah, I know, icky but tough titty, I enjoy it.  I get sick and tired of this chess stuff, sometimes, and I have a mantle/mantel to decorate for autumn that I'm itching to get to -- I'm thinking I will do that tomorrow night after work while I'm watching the season premiere of The Voice on NBC.  I believe the last two episodes from last season's Revenge are on t.v. tonight, woo woo!  Will be nice to refresh my memory prior to the season premiere, that I'm soooo looking forward to.  One of the best shows on t.v. and it's not just because I and about half a million other people want to get revenge on some schmuck or other, nope.  Not at all.  Ha, the very notion...planning, planning, planning...

About that Fat Lady, yeah, she sang the loser's lullaby to the lovely GM Anna Ushenina, who played well with the black pieces but couldn't do jack-crap with the white pieces, losing all three of her games with white!  What the hell is that all about?

GM Hou Yifan sexing it up for the Chinese cameras (not a Caucasian photographer
anywhere to be seen in the photos of the final round, at this event held in CHINA) prior to the start of
the final game.  I mean, come on, what real woman does this in full view of everyone prior to a game?
Leaves a bad taste, ick ick ick, in my mouth. I don't wonder why Ushenina looked mostly disgusted
in her photos throughout this match.
Check out the official website photos, very telling, for one who has eyes to see... 

As for GM Hou Yifan, I was shocked as hell that today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (my hometown newspaper) actually ran a piece on her winning of the women's chess champion title.  Holy Hathor!  Must have been a slow news day, maybe not enough people killed at that mall in Kenya by the Islamist pigs. The newspaper did not go so far, however, as to post the article online (I looked for it).  So few of us continue to subscribe to the actual PRINT newspaper these days some junior editor or other probably figured no one would know (or care) that the article was used as a filler and sure was not important enough to be put at the website online.  Yet more disgust from this chess femme. 

Congratulations to GM Hou, and I wish her luck in her studies at university.  I sincerely hope, GM Hou, that once you have your degree, you will get the hell out of the women's ratings ghetto and concentrate on moving up the ranks, the only ranks that count -- playing and defeating male players of equivalent or higher rating than you by declining to play in female-only events.  If you are as good a player as you think, you should be bored with that by now. 

From The Weak Week in Chess, always providing excellent tournament coverage:

WCh Women Taizhou
Ushenina, Anna - Hou, Yifan 0-1 41 E32 Nimzo Indian 4.Qc2
Hou, Yifan - Ushenina, Anna ½-½ 33 B33 Sicilian Sveshnikov
Ushenina, Anna - Hou, Yifan 0-1 24 E32 Nimzo Indian 4.Qc2
Hou, Yifan - Ushenina, Anna ½-½ 31 B90 Sicilian Najdorf Variation
Hou, Yifan - Ushenina, Anna ½-½ 61 B90 Sicilian Najdorf Variation
Ushenina, Anna - Hou, Yifan 0-1 40 E17 Queens Indian
Hou, Yifan - Ushenina, Anna 1-0 40 B90 Sicilian Najdorf Variation


WCh Women Taizhou (CHN), 11 ix 2013
NameTiNATRtng12345678910TotalPerf
Hou, Yifan g CHN 2609 1 ½ 1 ½ ½ 1 1 . . . 2730
Ushenina, Anna g UKR 2500 0 ½ 0 ½ ½ 0 0 . . . 2379

I want to know, how can Hou get such a performance rating by winning three games with white?  Is it just me, or is there something seriously wrong with the way the ratings system is working, when Ushenina gets downgraded for holding three games with black against a supposedly superior chessplayer???  If  Hou is a superior player, should her performance rating now reflect the supposed mediocrity of her opponent and drop down a couple hundred points?  And if Hou is so superior a player, should not Ushenina's performance rating be raised about 150 points to reflect the fact that she drew three games with the black pieces? That is difficult to do, n'est ce pas?  Why is she not getting any credit for this?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

I am happy that both ladies received a decent pay-off, in any event.  Not the millions that the men will receive when they play in THEIR championship, of course.  Tsk tsk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...