Saturday, July 14, 2012

2012 Milwaukee Summer Challenge

Hola darlings!  Taking place right now down at the Wyndham Milwaukee Airport Hotel on Layton just south of Howell Avenue -- a nice playing venue. 

To update, I visited the blog of my adopted chess club, Southwest Chess Club, and as of about 9:30 last night there were 61 pre-registered players.  When official play began this morning, there were 75 PLAYERS!  A fantastic walk-up registration the morning-of and a great turnout for this first-ever Milwaukee event. 

No official results posted yet.  It's going to be a long busy day for the organizers with rounds at 10:00 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.!  EEK! 

I'm not sure how this all works with prizes.  The prizes advertised were for a registration of 40 players.  Since there were nearly double that amount, what does that mean for prizes?  I've no idea.  I should ask! 

I am eager to see if any more chess femmes registered this morning.  I'll let you know as soon as I do.  Stay tuned for more...  Meanwhile, Ellen Wanek and I are mixing up our pawns in a game over at chess.com.  She snatched a pawn from me, curses!  But I have a few tricks up my sleeve, bwaahaahaa!  I won't go down without a nasty bloody fight, Ellen.  You may outrate me by 300 points, but you don't scare me at all.  Ha!  You're just too nice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...