Friday, April 20, 2012

I.S. 318 IS ON THE MOVE, DARLINGS!

WOOOOO WOOOOOO! I.S. 318 BROOKLYN TEAM IS U.S. NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL CHAMP!

Check this out! Video from Elizabeth Vicary's blog (too excited to try and track it down myself - just click on the link and click on the video at Lizzy's blog to play!) 

From the U.S. Chess Federation website:

Competition for the team crown is usually fierce and this year was no exception, with the top four teams finishing within half a point of each other. The championship fight ended in a tie for first between two outstanding New York chess schools, Hunter College High School and I.S. 318 Eugenia Maria de Hostos (Williamburg), with I.S. 318 capturing the championship trophy on tiebreaks. What made I.S. 318’s victory even more striking is that this is a middle school team. It’s almost frightening to imagine what havoc they’ll wreak when they hit high school!

More coverage.

This morning Elizabeth V., who is a chess coach to I.S. 318 kids, left a message for me at Facebook:

Im in the airport with 7 girls en route to Chicago. We are all so grateful to you for sponsoring our trip! Thank you!!!

Well, it wasn't my sponsorship - it was Goddesschess!  We're just pleased as punch to have been able to help.  We're rooting for the girls!

4/20-22 - Chicago, IL

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...