Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hales Corners Chess Challenge XIV!

Hola darlings! Well, I did it. I printed the registration form tonight and filled it out. I'll mail it from the office tomorrow with my check and be officially registered for the OCTOBER 22, 2011 HALES CORNERS CHESS CHALLENGE XIV (Reserve Section)!
I will take my trusty little Acer notebook with me and blog in between rounds. Are you ready to see the world's worst chess games? Hell, I'm not ready but, so it goes...
The first round starts at 10:00 a.m. and I'll be playing four games in one day if I don't collapse before the last round, which starts at 6:00 p.m. I remember how much Challenge XII exhausted me - and then we came home and made a big steak dinner for Shira and Crispin who where staying with me that weekend! LOL! We had a blast. Shira (then Shira Evans, now Shira Evans Sanford) played in the Open and won 2 games, lost 2 games (but not without a fight) and Crispin hunt about all day, poor man, taking photographs and cheering us on and doing mysterious stuff on an Ipad thingy. Personally, I think he works for M5. I played in the Reserve and lost to 6 month olds (well, okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but just a little one). For my troubles I earned a USCF rating of 579.
I survived Challenge XII, I figure I can survive Challenge XIV because I won't have guests and I won't be cooking a big dinner when I get home :)
ONWARD AND UPWARD, CHESS FEMME (me)! 600 OR BUST!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...