Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

The U.S. premiere of Deathly Hallows Part 2 has come and gone in New York, and from what I'm reading, it's a smash hit. -- and it hasn't even been released to the rest of the country yet (that happens tomorrow).
I rented Deathly Hallows Part 1 Saturday night and cried my way through most of it! It was my first time seeing the film. I will buy the DVD when I can find a clean copy of it -- right now Amazon.com has a tag on the product they were offering after quality complaints came pouring in! When I read that,  my first thought was that it's a Chinese bootlegged product. So I'll have to be very careful what I buy. I would like to add it to the other Potter movies I have.  I also would like to watch it on my 27" old t.v. which is set up for video viewing.  Saturday night I watched it on my 14 inch Toshiba screen - not quite the same experience although it certainly was intimate, because I was like - right on top of the action!

Before I rented the Deathly Hallows Part 1 video, I had decided to re-read the final book (I have re-read parts of it previously) and I've been doing a marathon of reading! I'm now near the grand denouement: Voldemort has just called a final hour's truce after a bloody battle at Hogwart's, demanding that Harry meet him in the Forbidden Forest. Of course I know how it ends but reading it again -- I had forgotten so much, so many of the details!  This is a book that I will probably re-read many more times.

Is J.K. Rowling really finished writing any more in the series? I believe she could write a whole new series of blockbusters by bringing forth a child or - even better - a grandchild of Voldemort -- a female descendant!

Emma Watson, NYC premiere, July 11, 2011
from Mugglenet.com.
It's been fun seeing collections of photos of the main three characters over the years as they've grown up before our eyes: Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), who has turned into a stunning beauty at age 21.  She was cute as a button at 11, and watching her blossom into a teen and then young womanhood over the years - just amazing. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...