Saturday, July 17, 2010

2010 U.S. Women's Chess Championship - Round 7

Hola darlings!

Huffing and puffing, I got the front lawn cut last night.  It was hot, but it was breezy too, and afterwards I was invited to join my neighbors to the north for a glass of wine out on the patio - they didn't care that I was all sweaty and funky, LOL!  They both work hard in their yard too, they know how it is.  It actually was quite lovely out last night while the breeze was still blowing, but once the sun sinks below the western horizon all goes still and I find I still need the central air conditioning on in order to get a good night's sleep.  While the air outside has been cooling off into the mid-60's at night, it does not manage to find it's way into open windows.

I was out by 8 a.m. this morning while it was still shady out front to get the trimming done.  It took about 30 minutes and I still managed to work up a bad sweat, whew!  In this weather one bathes a lot :)  The dew point is high today and will get even nastier tomorrow, but there still is a breeze so if one is just resting and not actually moving about, it is rather pleasant.  I plan on sitting out for a couple of hours in the shade after I finish this blog and catch up on a bit of reading.  I was chopping about out back earlier (removing various volunteer plants, trees, wild grape vines and thistles) while the sun was still out front; later it swings around to the south and drenches the yard in hot yellow beams except for half the deck, where I will be firmly ensconced underneath the umbrella. After about 2:30 p.m. the sun goes behind my nice tall Chinese Elms and the yard is shady and a good 10 to 15 degrees cooler than the ambient air temperature in the sun.  It stays that way all afternoon and most of the early evening.  I will cut the back grass later this evening if we don't get drenched first with one or more of the forecast thunderstorms.  I've got some cut piles of stuff to clean up.

But, you didn't tune in to read about my gardening exploits, you want to know what the heck is going on with the 2010 U.S. Women's Chess Championship, and I'm here to tell you! 

Who's playing who?

1 WFM Tatev Abrahamyan 5.0 2403 WGM Sabina Foisor 2.5 2356

2 IM Anna Zatonskih 5.5 2518 WIM Beatriz Marinello 1.5 2206
3 WGM Katerina Rohonyan 2.5 2322 WFM Abby Marshall 0.5 2211
4 WGM Camilla Baginskaite 2.0 2387 WIM Iryna Zenyuk 2.0 2286
5 IM Irina Krush 5.0 2521 WIM Alisa Melekhina 3.5 2323


I have my predictions up for R7 at Chess Femme News.  I also published the R6 games in PGN.  Click on the link at the bottom of the page for either Round 6 or Round 7 to get the updated stuff.  If you want to know my off the wall predictions, you must visit Chess Femme News today, I won't be publishing them here.  I will publish the results of my prognostications, whatever they may be, later on this evening at Chess Femme News.

I'll be watching the games beginning at 2:00 p.m. at uschesschamps live coverage and listening to the commentary by GM Ben Fengold and WGM Jen Shahade.  As this is a Saturday and therefore a mandatory nap day, I will probably zonk about somewhere around 2:00 p.m. until about 5:00 p.m. and wake up loaded with insect bites if I don't manage to make it to my recliner before ZZZZ land hits, and will probably have missed some herstorical chess games.  Sigh.  Such is my life.  Ah - time for a glass of wine and some lunch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...