Saturday, April 3, 2010

Qing Ming Festival

So there I was at the office Friday working my fingers off (this is one of our busiest seasons - TAX SEASON), when I receive this email:

Subject: Happy Qing Ming Festival

Dear friends,

On behalf of myself and the firm, I would like to wish you a Happy Qing Ming Festival (清明节). The Qing Ming Festival is an annual Chinese holiday during which local families gather to honor ancestors through song, dance and Spring flowers. Qing Ming is also a time during which many young Chinese couples start courting!

Please note that our Hong Kong offices will be closed from April 2nd to 6th (China Time Zone) for the this holiday. Should you have any cases that require our immediate action, please provide us instructions as soon as possible.

I hope to see you all in Boston at this year's International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting. Please connect with me through one of my social networks (below) to receive an exclusive invitation to the firm's INTA booth where you can pick up one of our great giveaways!

Best regards,
*****************************************************************************
I have left off the To/From and the signature block at the bottom of the email, but otherwise this is exactly what I received.

It is a mystery, because I do not know the person who sent me this email and as far as I am aware, I have never had any contact with the particular firm.  And Hong Kong?  I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone - still do.  This email has got me wondering if I have an alter-personality who has been showing up at the office during those black-out periods...

Okay...whatever.  The celebration sounds charming - I'm always ready for a party with family and friends, love waxing nostalgic -- I've been doing alot of that lately while I'm on the hunt for ancestors for the Family Tree at ancestry.com -- and I'm always in the mood for spring flowers and courtship by some hunky dude!
So, Happy Qing Ming!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...