Saturday, October 24, 2009

Jeff Sarwer Poker Star

Wow! I didn't know - guess I lead too sheltered of a life. I know that many really good chessplayers have abandoned chess in favor of the poker table, and are making mucho bucks at it. I became interested in Jeff Sarwer when I discovered some years ago that the icky nasty boy chessplayer in the smash hit movie "Searching for Bobby Fischer" was supposedly based upon Sarwer! A few years back I tried to find out about where he was (then) and what he was doing, but I didn't get very far. I located a website that seemed to be by the Jeff Sarwer, but it didn't mention anything about poker (that I recall). In fact, it didn't seem to mention much about anything at the time. This was maybe 4 years ago? - something like that. Anyway, tonight, doing a routine search for chess news, I came across this article mentioning Sarwer chessplayer turned poker player. Except - Canadian? I thought he was from Michigan! Goes to show what I know! Turns out, I wasn't the only person who wondered about him: Remember Jeff Sarwer from Searching for Bobby Fischer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...