Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Alexandra Kosteniuk News

GM Alexandra Kosteniuk recently sent me another video of a game she analyzed and provided video commentary for and I've finally got time to post it. Trying this out again, to see if I remember how to embed a video after AK's tutoring session :) Yippee! I think it works - well, at least, the link takes you directly to the video at You Tube so it "sort of" works, LOL! At least I've now managed to embed the link inside of an image, which is something I could NOT figure out how to do before! News from GM Kosteniuk's blog, she is going to be playing Board 1 in the European Team Chess Championships for a powerful Russian Women's Team. The event starts on October 21, 2009. AK was in Moscow on a whirlwind visit to promote her new book "Diary of a Chess Queen," which is currently available in Russian and will be available in English on December 1, 2009. You can pre-order the English language book - the Russian language version is available right now. For a limited time, the books will be personally autographed by AK. I love this photograph from a small simul held at the book store where AK appeared to sign sold copies of her book. The expressions on the faces of the audience and the participants - priceless! - it looks like an absolutely wonderful event and I wish I could have been there to see it in person. The little ones playing - they look absolutely dazzled, LOL!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...