Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shira Chess Challenge for Charity: Game 2

Hola darlings! Well - I had Shira on the run for awhile, sort of. LOL! I resigned at the end while both of us still had quite a bit of material on the board - my head aches something fierce. I don't know if it's tension - or too much attempted use of atrophied parts of my brain - or staring so intently at the computer screen for an hour and a half. Or all three! My attacking plan didn't work, alas. I struggled along for a bit after losing my queen without being able to take Shira's in exchange - I overlooked her knight and perhaps there was a move in there that could have still salvaged something but I didn't see it. The story of my chessplaying! I hope I get props for giving it the old college try! I don't have patience when it comes to playing gradual kill-my-pieces-off-one-by-one-defense and lose the game anyway. Shira makes mistakes in her play, but I haven't been able to capitalize on them while I always get punished for mine. NOT FAIR! Boo hoo hoo. For what seemed like such a long involved smash-mouth type of game, though, I was shocked that we only played 25 moves! Wow! I feel like it was at least 100! Or maybe it's that I feel 100... Now I've got to go cut the grass in the other part of the yard and I've already got the sprinkler going. I'm going to nurse my bruised chess ego and aching head out on the deck this afternoon and enjoy this beautiful weather with my feet up, a BIG glass of cheap wine and listen to smooth jazz on the radio until I fall asleep and get a sunburnt face. There's more laundry to do but that can wait! Here is the PGN from Game 2: Event "Online Chess"] [Site "Chess.com"] [Date "2009.09.06"] [Round "1"] [White "JanXena"] [Black "shirae"] [Result "0-1"] [WhiteElo "979"] [BlackElo "1421"] (No time control - we played in real time but without clocks - game lasted about 1.5 hours] [Termination "shirae won by resignation"] 1.d4 d6 2.e4 e5 3.Be3 Be7 4.Nf3 Bg4 5.d5 f5 6.h3 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 f4 8.Bd2 Nf6 9.Bd3 Nbd7 10.Nc3 O-O 11.O-O-O c6 12.Bc4 b5 13.dxc6+ bxc4 14.cxd7 Qxd7 15.g3 fxg3 16.Qxg3 Nh5 17.Qg2 Rab8 18.Rdg1 Bh4 19.Bh6 Rxf2 20.Qxg7+ Nxg7 21.Be3 Rf7 22.Rg2 Rbf8 23.Rhh2 Kh8 24.Kb1 Rf1+ 25.Bc1 Re1 0-1 Let me tell you, I'll be SO glad when this is over tomorrow. Playing competitive chess is draining. Right now, in addition to my aching head, I feel chewed up and spit out - I think I need a ham sandwich. Shira sent along a photo of a screen shot of this game in progress from Starbucks, where she settled into play once again. Same time, same place, tomorrow! Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...