Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shira Chess Challenge: Portugal Day 2

Shira has posted a new video at You Tube! Fourteen photos Shira posted at her MobileMe Gallery from Day 1 at the orphanage. As you can see from the photos, the kids at the orphanage are all ages and all races. Training Update: Tonight I resigned my game with Soheil76. S76 had succeeded in promoting a pawn - I tried but failed to get mine moving despite sacrificing two (I had 4 going into the end game). S76 promoted to a Queen and promptly sucked up a pawn. My remaining pieces were misplaced, the Queen was ready to grab my remaining bishop and, frankly, I didn't want to waste any more time on that hopeless game. I may have been able to prolong things for a few more moves but I was outgunned and don't have the skills to pull some game-saving moves out of my hat (if there were any). Looking back, I'm actually amazed it lasted as long as it did! I would post the moves here, but unfortunately I do not have the ability to copy the moves from the review board - I believe it is because I have not subscribed to a premium membership at Red Hot Pawn. That really sucks! That means I have to write them down - and I ALWAYS make transcription errors so I don't bother to do that, it's a hopeless cause with my bad eyesight and developing old age dyslexia. Frog Breath has not moved in his or her game, but my new game with PC has started. Tonight I made my second move - I moved a knight out. Last time I did that - oh how painful it is to remember, yech! - I got slaughtered. But it still seemed a natural move to make, and so I made it. Data bases be damned! This is supposed to be fun, and I'm not going to kid myself into believing that I can turn from a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-patzer into a chess star :) LOL! Actually, I have been having some fun, so I'll suck it up and gird my ego and continue down my chosen path. TO MY CHESS DESTINY....OY! I've been thinking about dying my hair Flame Orange for my upcoming trip to Las Vegas. Wonder if I can find a pick-up game outside the Rio? I know money is tight, things are BAD out there in the real world. But I ask you to please consider donating to Computer Labs for Kids. Shira is doing good work, one kid at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...