Saturday, June 20, 2009

Whoa! Numbers Phenomena!

(Image: From the Egyptian "Book of the Dead." I cannot "read" it but I think the numbers of "four" and "three" speak for themselves).

For all you people who have experienced this -- you go to bed, you're tired, you fall asleep. You wake up; its dark in your room. You roll over and glance at the clock and try to focus your eyes (LOL!), and the clock says 11:11, or 10:10, 3:33, 5:55, or - I'm really good at this one - 4:44.

4:44 and 11:11 show up more often than not during my restless nights but the one that really bugs me is 5:55, because my alarm is set to go off at 6 a.m. 5:55 drives me nuts! Do I put my head back down on the pillow and "rest" for another five minutes, drifting off into la-la land where I'm half awake/half asleep and have wild dreams? But then the clock radio blares and I'm jarred awake, bleary-eyed and groggy? Or do I lay there tense and irritated and already pissed off at the world in general as I wait for the clock radio to click to 6 a.m. and "wake up" to the latest bad news and atrocities they always report? Do I get up before the alarm goes off, something I am always loath to do because it gives extra precious minutes to that "work world" that I hate?

I came across this while checking out the latest at The Daily Grail. I haven't listened to the broadcast - I haven't listened to any broadcasts by Binnall of America so I cannot give a recommendation - but this one sounds fascinating, and it comes with a very lengthy overview of what was discussed on the radio show, which you can download or listen to online:

6.16.9
Marie Jones & Larry Flaxman (2 Hours, 3 Minutes) (Program link)
Longtime friends of the program, Marie Jones & Larry Flaxman, return to the show for a fun-filled and informative edition of BoA:Audio. We'll be talking about the 11:11 phenomenon along with the esoteric elements of numbers in general. ...

I gave a VERY brief summary, above. They talk about 2012 for awhile, evidently. I've got to tell you, I don't think there's anything to all the "2012" nonsense that's been buzzing around certain parts of the internet, and even talked about in newspaper articles. If I'd been alive when 1000 CE rolled around, I'd have been much more likely to think something momentous would happen then - the transition between all those nines (999) and the Big One (1000 -- one followed by three zeros, eek!) It didn't.

Ahhh, this post about numbers takes me back to those heady days of the old Art Bell (Coast to Coast) discussion board and Mark Borcherding, our resident expert on numerology and all things Maya. It was Mark who recommended Bonnie Gaunt's book "Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid: Window on the Universe" that revealed a whole new world of numbers of which I'd been ignorant! That book, in turn, led me to the very best book I've ever read about numbers and their meaning: Michael Schneider's "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Sciences - A Voyage from 1 to 10."

Numbers - people spend their entire lives studying them, trying to understand them - mathematicians, physicists. I can tell you that I sure don't and probably most of humankind doesn't, either! Oh, I know that we have a generally universal agreement on basic counting systems, for instance, one-two-three... And we have agreed to certain rules about calculations, such as one plus three equals four, and two multiplied by two equals four, things like that. But I have read that there are still some isolated tribes in South America who have no words that are akin to what numbers "mean" to us. What is it like to live in such a society, where there are no such things as "numbers?" I can't even imagine it, when I stop at the supermarket nearly every day to pick up milk, bird seed, wine, bread, or whatever, and for each and every item there is a "price" - a number - and if I don't have the symbolic "cash" to pay for the items I want to buy, I cannot obtain them. Then I am very upset and angry, and hungry and thirsty. Geez! And then "credit cards" were invented out of plastic. Double Geez!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...let's see, 4 and 3=7=ce uen(tli=
one/ce/se-ven/uentli(N). 4 is growth of corn, in amerindia we're made of corn, as corn woman is being made in the sacred dell a
deer jumps through and marks her
between her legs, becoming the
symbol of lust and rain, because
deer is tlaloc raingod's animal,
and a cloven hoove is cleft,
the grace note played my all
lovers, 4 is lizard and old coyote,
who lives and loves in a hole,
is god of dirty dancing, and the
color red, but also 4=xilonen,
tender young cornplant who is
just giving milk, and we are,
uan/owning 4. so that's enough about 4, the part of 7 that=
ana(N)=growth of one sort or another, 7 being the harvest
goddess, the deer deor teotl,
the empress, gwen, the queen,
and in tarot the star, and
in amerindia, 7 snake, of feast
and famine, oddly, tlaloc can
cause famine by too much rain
for out comes cuitlacochtli,
the blacktail fungus to nibble
the corn. 4=naui, 7=chicome/
reverse ome=2/(chico)menorah(Heb).
then there's 3, to complete
the 7/ce-one offering-uena,
an old number, yei(N), for the
3 cooking stones of the amerindian
open stove, the number for house,
and in pre-corn the number for,
yetl(N)=tobacco, whose oldest god=
macui xochitl/5 flower,
eveningstar xolotl, the dog of
the dogwood tree used for tobacco,
and whom thoreau, in maine woods,
called, macuo xigill, in cuba
un tercio(sp)=a third part=
a bale of tobacco. 3=calli=
being, the calendric name
for tabacco=yei/3 coatl/snake
in the trecena/13 of calli/
day 3 tonalamatl.
but i began this to talk
about 2012, which is quite simple,
once taken away from the mayana/
hungry priests as on june 6th,
2012=year 13 flint (be glad
when flint is over and the sheave
of calli/living not dying begins)
venus passes for the 2d time in 52
yrs over the face of the sun,
if venus/life/wind/breath/deer
does not make it across the face
of the sun then life is over on
blue planet, and to make it
even scarier, we're in the 5th
age of naui ollin, which begins
and ends on the same date, however,
we are saved, just, because june 6
is on ollin alright, but it's
10 ollin/movement in the trecena
of rabbit/tochtli/the 20th, and
rabbit, of course=toca(N)=
our/to-ca/being, so you can see
why the mayan priests were concerned, and to top it all off,
10 movement of rabbit is 4 days
from the end of the tzolkin/tonalamatl, but not to worry, that's still not, naui ollin
so our hearts will go on as
the titanic didn't. you see,
venus does this twice and the separation between the two events
within the 52 yr span= 8 yrs,
again we have tochtli/toca=
our/to-ca/being, it was unreal for
the mayans that all these signiff
numbers were showing up on this
doomsday date as they drive
time's cadillac, discovered zero
way before the arabs, and had
a full gearbox of shifting numbers
in their squashes/quaxicalli(N).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...