Monday, June 8, 2009

Update: Shira Evans and Computer Labs for Kids

Here is the latest on Shira Evans' Foundation, Computer Labs for Kids, that provides free laptop computers and training on how to use them to underprivileged children around the world. I'm summarizing in my own words: The Egypt trip has, unfortunately, been cancelled. However, thanks to a friend that Shira knows through ICC (Internet Chess Club), Shira will next be travelling to Portugal and she is very excited about this new project. I can't wait to hear about it. You can follow Shira's projects at Facebook, where she posts her videos and updates on her projects. You can also find her videos at You Tube. Shira wants to play a game of chess with me on ICC! LOL! All the years I was reporting on Shira's results at the various tournaments she played in as an American chess femme, all those emails we exchanged, it never occurred to me that Shira didn't realize that I am the worst chess player in the entire world and, quite possibly, the entire Universe. I'm nearly certain I didn't represent myself to her as a great WGM, for instance :))) Geez - I don't even have an account at ICC! Oh oh, panic time... Hmmm, okay, I just had a hot flash in my brain (I still occasionally get them even though I'm post-menopausal for nearly 10 years now). Would you pay $$$ to see me get my newly-toned and much trimmer butt handed to me on a chessboard by Ms. Shira? All $$$ would be donated directly to Computer Labs for Kids. Well, just a thought. Who can I get as a trainer... Photo: From the official website of the Wyoming Chess Association and the Cheyenne Chess Club, at the time of the 2nd Tri-State Championship, October 15 - 16, 2005, in Jackson, Wyoming. Shira is the chess femme on the right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...