Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lady Dai!

I may have written about this already, but I'm too tired to go back and check, so if I already have, you can skip this post. Photos by Michelle. On Mr. Don's and my last full day in New York, Mr. Don, Michelle, Isis and I trekked to the China Institute to see the special exhibit of artifacts excavated at Mawangdui. We weren't allowed to take photographs of any of the artifacts, which were exhibited in two climate controlled rooms on either side of the reception area. The exhibit was not large, per se, but there were more than enough artifacts over which to ooh and ahh! Only tonight did I pull out the exhibition catalog and start to look through it. I didn't get very far and will save it for another weekend when I'm less tired. You can find some of the artifacts online, Archaeology Magazine's article.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...