Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ten Years of Goddesschess

On May 6, 2009, Goddesschess will have officially been online for ten years! To celebrate, dondelion, Isis, Michelle and I will rendevouz in New York City for a full week of fun, celebration and education. I don't know about the others, but this time around I intend to visit as many museums as I can that I didn't get to see during our 2005 visit (5 days), we're going to take in a play on Broadway (Isis is arranging the particulars), and I will drag dondelion along on various extremely touristy things, such as going to the top of the Empire State Building, taking a boat out to the Statue of Liberty, and a shopping expedition on Fifth Avenue (he is very patient with me :)). I also want to visit the main branch of the New York Public Library - on 42nd Street (?) -- I have a whole list of research projects that may be gotten out of the way quickly if NYPL has the periodicals and magazines I need to see and copy. I must start digging around online to see what they have in their catalog... To think, when all of this started back in December, 1998, Michelle was just a little girl (she was born in 1990). Now she is a beautiful young woman in college, and she really has her act together. I am feeling suddenly sentimental... Since I have belatedly discovered the joys of printing photographs on my HP printer, I have been going through reams of photos, printing out some of my favorites (mostly of Michelle, Isis and me, dondelion as photographer). I have been hanging some of the photos on the staircase wall - the space is rapidly filling and I'm running out of a hodge-podge of old frames! It sure is a trip down memory lane. I think look much better now than I did in 2005 (better hair, better body, better wardrobe); I must make sure that dondelion takes several flattering photographs, LOL! I will be off work from May 7th through May 25th (Memorial Day) - almost the entire month! Can't wait!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...