Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2008 Chicago Open

I'll have to check to see if any other chess femmes played in this event (there were several sections) - this is the day I normally do updates for Chess Femme News so I'll let all know tonight. Jen Shahade wrote about Iryna Zenyuk's performance at the Chicago Open at Chess Life Online, shortly after playing in the U.S. Women's Chess Championship in Tulsa. There's a nice photo of Zenyuk and near the bottom in Betsy Dynako's mini photo-gallery, a nice photo of Hana Itkis. Okay, I'm looking at the cross-table for the Chicago Open - I don't think it reflects the final round. As it stands (without being updated), Zenyuk was in 31st place with 3.0 after Round 6. A quick look at the cross-table for the U-2300 shows Tatev Abrahamyan in second place with 5.0 after Round 6 (way to go Tatev!) Tatiana Vayserberg from Wisconsin (my home state) was in 24th with 4.0. Go, Tatiana! Chouchanik Airapetian, who did not have such a good U.S. Women's Chess Championship, was in 45th place with 3.0. Hana Itkis was in 67th place with 2.0.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...