Monday, October 22, 2007

Chess and Women

Edward Winter does his turn writing about Chess and Women - from an historical point of view. Whenever I see Edward Winter's name I think of Edgar Winter, and whenever I do that, I automatically start hearing "Fooled Around and Fell In Love" playing over and over in my brain. It's a good screaming bluesy song with great guitar..."free and on my own, that's the way I used to be, but since I met you baby, Love's got a hold on me..." Only goes to show more white guys than the Righteous Brothers can wail the blues.

2 comments:

Pawned! said...

Did The Edgar Winter Group perform that one? I can only remember Elvin Bishop's version in the mid seventies.

Good song, regardless...Rich

Jan said...

Ohmygoddess! Was it Elvin Bishop? And here I've been thinking all these years it was Edgar Winter! LOL! Just goes to show ya! Thanks, Rich. Well now, I'm going to have to rearrange that particular memorygram inside my brain.

Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...